Best Weighing Machine for kitchen in India 2021: Reviews & Buyers Guide
Planning to buy Best Weighing machine for kitchen, Shop, Retail, Grocery In india ? Please read top selling weighing machine shared by our industry experts. Please read buyer guide for more details.
Top Selling Best Weighing Machine for Kitchen
Top Selling Best Weighing Machine for Shop / Grocery / Retail
- Weighing capacity: 100 Kg
- Platform size: 400*400 mm
- Stamping certificate included.
- Warranty: 1 year
- Accurate and Precise: The stainless-steel weighing platform measures 14 inches x 14 inches. Maximum Weight: 50 kg, Precision: 5 gram. Comes with Stamping and Calibration certificate provided by Legal Metro-logical department of India
- Portable and Safe: Directly Plug-in 220V Power Cord. There is also power backup of 2 days. When the power is 100%, the standby time is about 6 months. The scale will also automatically switch to power saver mode when it is in non-use condition, to save power. Ideal for General Grocery stores, Kitchens, Parcel weighing, Warehouses, Retail weighing and all kinds of Industries . Can be used anywhere for high accuracy weighing
- Material: Steel; Material Composition: Metal; Color: White
- After-Sales Service: If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Brand's customer service to help you solve the problem. One year warranty
- User Friendly Design: High precision sensor which provides optimum accuracy unmatched repeatability. 4 Adjustable skid proof feet for keeping the platform balance. Premium green double display scale for viewing in sunny day light too. Clean Stainless-Steel platter for weighing food products . which needs hygienic environment. with heavy back grill to support larger packages
- Equal' Digital Weighing Scales Are Sold Online Only By Its Manufacturer "Unique Power Technologies"
- Round Corners On Platform For Ease Of Handling
- Piece Counting Facility
- Powder Coated & Robust Structure To Suit Rough Environmental Conditions
- Overload Protection .
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Activa Corporation is dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction! You are buying from scale professionals. We are standing behind our scales 24/7. Very Easy Troubleshooting and Calibration by Activa Corporation Customer Support helpline
- ACCURATE & PRECISE: 35 kg Maximum Weight, 5gram Precision. Weighing platform measures (250x300mm)
- PORTABLE & SAFE: Directly Plug-in 220V Power Cord. Clean SS platter for weighing food products, grains and all other products which needs hygienic environment and clean. Ideal for Kitchens, Parcel weighing, Warehouses, Retail weighing, Salt Industries, Tanneries and all kinds of industries etc.
- EASY VEIWING: First in Class Large double LED Display on the both sides of the scale with wide 180° viewing angle
How to choose the best weighing machine for Kitchen ?
What types of kitchen scales should I buy?
Kitchen scales fall into four basic types.
With mechanical scales, adding ingredients and so weight to the bowl activates a spring that moves the dial on the display to reflect the correct weight.
These scales can usually take a lot of weight and you don’t need batteries, but the spring inevitably gets wear and tear over the years, with ever decreasing accuracy. Even when new they’re not great for measuring really small amounts.
These are by far the most popular scales, mainly due to their compact shape and extreme accuracy in measuring, even with minuscule amounts. You can see the weight displayed on the LCD display screen in either grams or ounces and a digital scale can handle fractions of a gram.
There’s often an ‘add and weigh’ (also called ‘tare’) function which resets your scales to zero when you need to add more ingredients – and with many of them, you can use your own bowl or jug.
Many do added extras, such as doubling up as a chopping board or allowing you to weigh both wet and dry ingredients. The only downsides? You’ll need batteries and the weight capacity is often more limited than with other scales types.
The old-fashioned type that works a bit like a see-saw, in that you pop the weights on one side and the ingredients in the bowl on the other and wait for them to balance.
They will last you forever with no need for batteries, but they are time-consuming and less accurate than more modern scales when it comes to minute amounts.
Jug scales are great for weighing wet ingredients as well as dry. These use the jug as your bowl, with the weight shown on a digital LCD display, usually found at the top of the handle.
Most have an ‘add and weigh’ function so you can weigh solid and liquid ingredients in the same jug to save on washing up. These require batteries, and do check the quality of the jug before you buy.
Features to look for Digital Best Weighing Machine for Kitchen
How much do you need to weigh? For the average domestic kitchen, a three-to-five kilo capacity should do it. But bear in mind that the maximum weighing capacity of the scales includes the weight of the ingredients as well as the weight of any bowl or tray that holds them.
You want to have a large enough platform area to hold most of your ingredients, but it’s not a crime if some of it hangs over the side as long as it is balanced and centred on the platform and you can still see the readout.
Tare and continuous weighing
The tare function simply resets the scale to zero. You can place a bowl on the scale, use the tare function to reset the scale to zero, then measure out your ingredients into the bowl, so that you’re only weighing the ingredients, not the bowl as well.
If the model allows for continuous weighing, the tare function lets you weigh a new item without removing the old one by resetting the scales as you weigh. That can be handy if you want to mix set amounts of ingredients in the one bowl, such as flour, then sugar, and so on.
Some kitchen scales come with a lightweight bowl or measuring jug, which are handy and practical – particularly when using the tare function (see above) with heavy ingredients (you’re less likely to reach the maximum capacity before you finish weighing). Some scales come with no bowl at all, so you’ll need to consider what you have in your own cupboard. Look for a a light weight bowl with a small base area but a wide rim with a pouring lip.
Imperial and metric measuring system
It’s handy to be able to measure in pounds as well as kilos, for working with older and US recipes.
Non-slip base and bench stability
Make sure the scales sit flat on the bench and do not move when pressing on controls. This is more important for rotating mechanical scales where the base is used to reset the scales to zero.
Mechanical scales can be bulky, especially if they have a bowl attached. Electronic scales are quite compact and flat and can be stored away easily. Some are raised and have a bowl which can be removed and stored separately.
Liquid measure feature
You can weigh liquids on any scale using a kilogram readout as long as they are a similar density to water. Use the liquid measure feature, if available, for weighing liquids that have a different density to water, like honey or oil.
For digital scales:
Look for an easy to read digital display with clear labelling. You should be able to easily see the display while your ingredients are on the scales. An automatic turn-off screen, that has at least a three-minute time period before it switches off, plus a memory recall (which shows the same reading again once the screen comes back on), allows enough time to measure your ingredients and helps save the battery when not in use.
It’s also handy if the display indicates how much life is left in the battery.
For easy cleaning, look for a smooth flat surface with no cracks and crevices, especially around the controls.
Kitchen scales can cost from under Rs.650 to over Rs.9000. As with most appliances, a higher price doesn’t always mean the scales are better; we’ve found some cheap scales that rate better than much pricier models.
Some digital scales provide a nutrition analysis of the food you’re weighing. These models allow you to add your own recipes, and some have a memory feature to track your calories.
Pros and cons for Digital Best Weighing Machine for Kitchen
Why should you consider buying digital kitchen scales? There are a few important reasons:
- Accurate measurements. Cooking, especially baking, often requires precise measurements to ensure that a dish turns out exactly how it’s meant to. Dry ingredients like flour can become compressed or aerated based on how old they are and how they’ve been stored, so digital kitchen scales allow you to follow a recipe to a T and be sure you’re using exactly the right amount of each ingredient.
- Portion control. Whether you need to follow a specific eating plan or you’re just trying to control your portion sizes, kitchen scales can be a useful tool for controlling the amount you eat.
- Converting units of measurement. If you’re using an older recipe or one from overseas that uses imperial instead of metric measurements, using digital kitchen scales will make the conversion easy.
However, there are also a couple of reasons why you might decide that you don’t need digital scales:
- They’re not a must-have. Unless you’re a serious baker or home cook, kitchen scales certainly aren’t an essential kitchen item. If you’re the type of cook who doesn’t mind “freestyling” in the kitchen and relying on rough guesswork, there’s no need to invest in a set of kitchen scales.
- They take up valuable space. If benchtop or storage space is hard to come by in your kitchen, adding a set of scales may not be a wise choice.
FAQ’s–Best Weighing Machine for Kitchen
Which Type Of Scale Is Best For Me?
Some bakers who use recipes which are actually better without being completely meticulously measured out and accurate, such as those which have been passed down in the family for years, may prefer mechanical scales. They offer a bit more ‘freedom’, and some people swear by getting measurements close rather than perfect.
If you do want precision though, digital may be best as they give exact data, although they can occasionally encounter performance issues. Digital options are usually much more compact and easy to store though if you’re low on space.
Which Functions Should I Look Out For?
This all depends on your particular needs, but there are some kitchen weighing scale functions which could be indispensable:
This is the fancy name for the ability to reset the weight to zero in between adding ingredients. Perfect if you’ll be adding multiple to a single bowl one after another, or if you don’t want to include the weight of the bowl in your end measurements. Available at the press of a button on most digital scales, or by turning a dial on mechanical versions.
Digital scales can turn off after a little while of non-use, so battery energy is saved. If present, you want to make sure it is long enough so you can get the job done without any switch-offs.
Some scales are big and bulky to store, so if you’re low on space this could be an issue. Check the measurements, whether it will fold down and whether all components can be stored separately.
Best Weighing Machine for Kitchen Brands
Last update on 2021-03-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API